Americans aren't financially dumb, we just misbehave
If you believe the reports, this country has a financial literacy problem.
I don't believe the reports.
We have a financial behavior problem. I'm not throwing stones here, because I have behavior problems, too. Our behavior and decision-making abilities tend to ignore empirical data, even when the negative outcome is obvious and known.
Take, for instance, smoking. I'm about to tiptoe here, because I'm not trying to get sued by big tobacco. The United States surgeon general states "there is no safe cigarette" and "(the poisons in cigarettes) damage DNA, which can lead to... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely