Americans aren't financially dumb, we just misbehave
If you believe the reports, this country has a financial literacy problem.
I don't believe the reports.
We have a financial behavior problem. I'm not throwing stones here, because I have behavior problems, too. Our behavior and decision-making abilities tend to ignore empirical data, even when the negative outcome is obvious and known.
Take, for instance, smoking. I'm about to tiptoe here, because I'm not trying to get sued by big tobacco. The United States surgeon general states "there is no safe cigarette" and "(the poisons in cigarettes) damage DNA, which can lead to... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it