Amid probe of HFD, Texas fire commission adopts stricter rule on gear cleaning
In response to a request by Houston firefighters, the Texas Commission on Fire Protection this week adopted stricter rules for how fire departments show they adequately clean firefighters' gear to remove contaminants.
Fire departments across the state now must file a standard operating procedure for gear cleaning annually with the commission in Austin, instead of merely being required to have a policy on the books.
Numerous studies in the past decade have linked carcinogens, which firefighters are routinely exposed to on the job, to cancers and respiratory illnesses. This increased... read more
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...
- 12:41 Body of Secret Service agent returning to US from Europe
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'