Amid White House crisis, Pence tries to avoid political fray
WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Mike Pence has tiptoed gingerly through the chaos engulfing the White House — offering loyalty to his boss, while trying to avoid the spreading stain of scandal.
It hasn't been easy, and it's getting harder by the day.
While some conservatives view Pence as a calming force in an administration mired in turmoil, Democrats are eager to tie him to President Donald Trump's vulnerabilities. The appointment of a special counsel to probe ties between Russia and Trump's campaign and associates has turned up the heat for everyone in Trump's orbit.
And there are fresh... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...