Amy Dickinson: Try to avoid in-laws if you can while living in their house
Dear Amy: A year ago my husband was laid off and had trouble finding work.
Because of how long it took for him to find another job we had to give up our apartment and move in with my in-laws. We pay rent and help pay for food. My life has become a living hell. My brother-in-law has been verbally and physically abusive toward my husband and me. He is bipolar and his parents act like his behavior is normal.
My mother-in-law treats me as if I'm a maid. I'm blamed whenever something goes wrong. She also has tried to push us about how we should raise our two sons.
When we ask her to trust us to... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House