Andrew White boosts campaign war chest by $1.1 million
AUSTIN -- Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Andrew White has raised more than $1.1 million during the past three weeks, including a $1 million loan from himself, the Houston Chronicle confirmed Monday.
In terms of campaign cash, that puts him far ahead of the other eight Democrats, including former Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez, who has the support of some top party leaders even though she came in far short of White in a campaign-finance disclosure report filed in mid-January.
In the latest report to be filed sometime Monday, White will report that he has loaned his campaign $1 million... read more
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great