Angels have spot for Skaggs if he's ready
TEMPE, Ariz. - Tyler Skaggs has the repertoire - a 94-mph fastball, tight curve and changeup - to pitch in the big leagues but has had only a taste of the game at the highest level, going 3-6 with a 5.43 earned run average in 13 starts for Arizona in 2012 and 2013.
The lanky 6-foot-4, 215-pound left-hander believes he is ready for the entree.
"I want to pitch every fifth day in the big leagues and help the team win," said Skaggs, 22. "I want to take the next step."
That next step will have more to do with Skaggs' mental maturation and how he handles adversity than the... read more
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it