Angels have spot for Skaggs if he's ready
TEMPE, Ariz. - Tyler Skaggs has the repertoire - a 94-mph fastball, tight curve and changeup - to pitch in the big leagues but has had only a taste of the game at the highest level, going 3-6 with a 5.43 earned run average in 13 starts for Arizona in 2012 and 2013.
The lanky 6-foot-4, 215-pound left-hander believes he is ready for the entree.
"I want to pitch every fifth day in the big leagues and help the team win," said Skaggs, 22. "I want to take the next step."
That next step will have more to do with Skaggs' mental maturation and how he handles adversity than the... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow