Angels hope bats warm up in series finale against Reds
CINCINNATI -- The Angels will look to make better contact and to get the top and the middle of their batting order going Thursday when they close a three-game interleague series against the Cincinnati Reds in Great American Ball Park.
Leadoff man Mike Trout is hitting .182 (2 for 11) with four strikeouts and no walks in the first two games, and the three-four tandem of Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton has combined to go 0 for 15 with five strikeouts. As a team, the Angels have struck out 27 times.
"We've faced a couple of guys who have good stuff, and we haven't attacked the ball as... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance