Angels make it close but fall to Reds, 5-4
Brandon Phillips hit a three-run homer in his new role as Cincinnati's cleanup hitter, and Joey Votto drove in the winning run with a ninth-inning single Wednesday night, rallying the Reds to a 5-4 victory over the Los Angeles Angels.
They've split the first two games of the first interleague series to open a season.
Votto's first hit of the season off left-hander Scott Downs (0-1) deflected off the glove of first baseman Albert Pujols and rolled into the outfield, allowing Shin-Soo Choo to score from second base. Choo reached when he was hit by a pitch and advanced on a sacrifice.
Votto... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...