Annual Maricopa StandDown offers veterans services at one location
Jonathan Grover, a veteran who was in the Navy for two years, was among hundreds of veterans who found services, and in some cases answers, at an event designed to help provide both under one roof in Phoenix Thursday.
Grover, who served on nuclear submarines and was diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder before being honorably discharged, had never heard of the Maricopa County StandDown event before learning about the one being held this week.
"I had no idea what I was walking into today," Grover said. "All is well. Everything has just been a blessing."
Maricopa... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes