Antonio Sanchez's 'Birdman' Oscar snub turns to Grammy glory
Antonio Sanchez's Birdman Oscar snub has bloomed into Grammy success. At last.
The jazz drummer and composer for the 2014 Oscar-winning best film Birdman received an inglorious snub last year when his work was disqualified from Oscar music contention.
The score was deemed not eligible to receive a nomination due to "pre-existing music" on the score.
But that snub ended on Monday night when Sanchez won the Grammy for best score soundtrack for visual media with Birdman.
“It’s awesome to get this, especially after being nixed by the Oscars," Sanchez said backstage, giving props... read more
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it