Antonio Sanchez's 'Birdman' Oscar snub turns to Grammy glory
Antonio Sanchez's Birdman Oscar snub has bloomed into Grammy success. At last.
The jazz drummer and composer for the 2014 Oscar-winning best film Birdman received an inglorious snub last year when his work was disqualified from Oscar music contention.
The score was deemed not eligible to receive a nomination due to "pre-existing music" on the score.
But that snub ended on Monday night when Sanchez won the Grammy for best score soundtrack for visual media with Birdman.
“It’s awesome to get this, especially after being nixed by the Oscars," Sanchez said backstage, giving props... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow