AP Explains: Ebola reaches an urban area in Congo. What now?
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — The global health community gulped Thursday with the announcement that a case of Ebola had been confirmed in a city of more than 1 million in Congo, bringing the latest outbreak of the often deadly hemorrhagic fever out of remote rural areas. "Confirmation of urban #Ebola in #DRC is a game changer in this outbreak - the challenge just got much much tougher," the World Health Organization's emergencies chief, Dr. Peter Salama, said on Twitter. Here's a look at the outbreak.
WHAT IS EBOLA?
Ebola is a virus that without preventive measures can spread quickly... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump