AP FACT CHECK: James who? Trump paints Comey as a stranger
WASHINGTON (AP) — James who?
President Donald Trump contended in recent days that he didn't know his FBI chief, James Comey, well enough to lean on him for his loyalty.
That was one of a number of claims by the president that called for scrutiny in the fierce backwash of Comey's accusations in Senate testimony that Trump exerted improper pressure on him to back off an FBI investigation.
A review of some statements from the president and his people on the Russia investigation, NATO, health care and more:
TRUMP: "I believe the James Comey leaks will be far more prevalent than anyone ever... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant