AP FACT CHECK: Trump imagines 6 percent growth
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is holding out the prospect of 6 percent growth in the U.S. economy. Put that down to puffery.
By most signs, economists say the country will be lucky to achieve consistent annual growth much over 2 percent.
A look at the president's remarks at a Cabinet meeting Wednesday:
—"So we're at 3.3 percent GDP. I see no reason why we don't go to 4 percent, 5 percent, and even 6 percent."
—Speaks of GDP "getting up to 4, 5, and even 6 percent, because I think that's possible."
Federal Reserve officials and most mainstream... read more
- 00:43 Man jailed in Venezuela for 2 years returns to US
- 00:43 Backchannel, 'Dracula' help free Utah man in Venezuela
- 18:41 Trump's 'phony' source turns out to be White House official
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular