AP FACT CHECK: Trump imagines 6 percent growth
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is holding out the prospect of 6 percent growth in the U.S. economy. Put that down to puffery.
By most signs, economists say the country will be lucky to achieve consistent annual growth much over 2 percent.
A look at the president's remarks at a Cabinet meeting Wednesday:
—"So we're at 3.3 percent GDP. I see no reason why we don't go to 4 percent, 5 percent, and even 6 percent."
—Speaks of GDP "getting up to 4, 5, and even 6 percent, because I think that's possible."
Federal Reserve officials and most mainstream... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...