AP FACT CHECK: Trump imagines 6 percent growth
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is holding out the prospect of 6 percent growth in the U.S. economy. Put that down to puffery.
By most signs, economists say the country will be lucky to achieve consistent annual growth much over 2 percent.
A look at the president's remarks at a Cabinet meeting Wednesday:
—"So we're at 3.3 percent GDP. I see no reason why we don't go to 4 percent, 5 percent, and even 6 percent."
—Speaks of GDP "getting up to 4, 5, and even 6 percent, because I think that's possible."
Federal Reserve officials and most mainstream... read more
- 08:39 Last Minute Gift Ideas for the Jetsetter
- 08:12 Luxury homes: $1.5M Phoenix mansion has hand-scraped hardwood floors
- 08:09 South Carolina serial killer did time for Arizona rape
- 08:09 Advocates use petitions to force Phoenix council votes on passion...
- 08:09 Lead not common in Arizona schools' drinking water, report finds
- 08:09 Arizona law and surrogacy: What you need to know
- 06:45 Baby milk maker orders global recall over salmonella fears
- 06:43 Residents return to rubble as fire crews make progress on San Diego...
- 05:33 Diphtheria deaths in Indonesia spark immunization campaign
- 04:04 Start the clock for Trump, GOP in last push on taxes, budget