AP FACT CHECK: Trump overstates progress against MS-13 gang
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Monday went out of his way — and out of bounds — in taking credit for progress against the MS-13 gang.
At a Cabinet meeting, after Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the administration's approach to law enforcement is being welcomed across the country, Trump elaborated by saying: "Great success, including MS-13. They're being thrown out in record numbers and rapidly. And they're being depleted. They'll all be gone pretty soon."
There's no publicly available information to back up Trump's claim. Deportations are actually down slightly... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House