AP FACT CHECK: Trump overstates progress against MS-13 gang
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Monday went out of his way — and out of bounds — in taking credit for progress against the MS-13 gang.
At a Cabinet meeting, after Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the administration's approach to law enforcement is being welcomed across the country, Trump elaborated by saying: "Great success, including MS-13. They're being thrown out in record numbers and rapidly. And they're being depleted. They'll all be gone pretty soon."
There's no publicly available information to back up Trump's claim. Deportations are actually down slightly... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'