AP FACT CHECK: Trump's secret seems to have gotten out
DETROIT (AP) — President Donald Trump teased an audience with what sounded like inside dope: Five big auto factories or expansions are coming soon to the U.S., he confided.
Though sworn to secrecy by another world leader, he was bursting to tell — "I'll keep my word, OK, unless you force me" — but stayed mum on who, what, where.
The suspense may have been for naught. A day earlier, Toyota announced additional investments in five existing U.S. plants, for an underwhelming gain of 50 jobs.
Could big new factories also be on the horizon? Always possible, but an expansion of the... read more
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 19:10 UT ready to sell 300 acres of Houston land
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...