AP FACT CHECK: Trump's tax plan is what you make of it
WASHINGTON (AP) — With so many missing pieces, President Donald Trump's tax plan is what you make of it.
He's selling it as a relief package for the middle class. Democrats assail it as a sweet treat for the rich that slams everyone else.
And until Congress does the heavy lifting and fills gaping holes, no one is going to know the full picture.
Even so, some misfires could be discerned in the rhetoric that flew Wednesday when Trump came out with his plan.
A look at some:
TRUMP: "I think there's very little benefit for people of wealth" — to reporters Wednesday.
THE FACTS: Actually... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing