AP FACT CHECK: Trump tells a tale about Air Force One
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump told a fanciful little tale Tuesday about Air Force One being denied landing rights in the Philippines during a trip by his predecessor because bilateral relations were so bad. That didn't happen.
Before boarding the plane in Manila to come home, Trump bragged to the press that he's pushed relations with the Philippines to new heights.
"And as you know, we were having a lot of problems with the Philippines," he said. "The relationship with the past administration was horrible, to use a nice word. I would say horrible is putting it... read more
- 12:52 Julian Castro cancels trip to presidential caucus state to protest...
- 12:38 Billboard tells liberals to keep driving until they've left Texas
- 10:52 Houston makes short list for the 2020 Democratic National Convention
- 07:59 Bolton: NK has 'dramatic choice,' talks will move quickly
- 01:32 Trump stands firm on immigration policy, sees it as a winner
- 00:30 Trump takes swipe at South Carolina's Sanford in GOP meeting
- 00:30 Lewandowski on girl with Down syndrome: 'Wah wah'
- 20:23 What life inside migrant internment camps looks like
- 20:17 Congressman responds after public demands answers on migrant...
- 19:30 With eyes on midterms, Trump embraces immigration fight