AP Interview: IMF says low oil prices still hurting Mideast
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – The head of the International Monetary Fund in the Mideast says nations are making efforts to cope with low oil prices, though more needs to be done.
Masood Ahmed told The Associated Press that oil-producing Mideast countries "still have some way to go" in reforming the government sector and cutting spending.
Ahmed also says that Iran's economy has beat expectations by growing by 4.5 percent this year and could keep that pace, if the Islamic Republic can "move on addressing some of the other restraints in their economy." Ahmed says chief... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...