AP PHOTOS: Trump showcases heroes and victims in his address
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's first State of the Union address was notable for how often he made the story about others: a war hero, the grieving parents of a pair of slain daughters, a North Korean defector and more.
The moving narratives of service and sacrifice offered the opportunity to put some more relatable faces to Trump's proclamations of the nation's health, especially as the his speech offered few concrete policy solutions to the issues he raised.
"Please," Trump said repeatedly during his address, raising his arms to the box where the guests were seated... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'