Apartment building collapses in Poland: 6 killed, 4 injured
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — A pre-World War II apartment house collapsed Saturday in southwestern Poland, leaving six people dead and four injured, authorities said.
Scores of firefighters with dogs continued to search the rubble of the building in the town of Swiebodzice, to make sure no one remained trapped.
According to Daniel Mucha, regional spokesman for the firefighters, the two upper floors of the three-floor building might have collapsed due to a gas explosion. A team of construction experts were set to investigate the cause.
The rescue management center said the body of a sixth victim... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...