Appeals Court gives Hopi Tribe another chance in fight against treated wastewater at Snowbowl
An Arizona Appeals Court decision has given the Hopi Tribe another chance in its fight against the use of treated wastewater to make snow at the Arizona Snowbowl ski resort near Flagstaff.
The tribe claims Flagstaff’s decision to sell the wastewater to Snowbowl for artificial snowmaking causes a public nuisance, harming the environment and interfering with the tribe's cultural and religious practices.
A panel of three appellate-court judges on Thursday disagreed with the Coconino County Superior Court’s 2016 ruling to dismiss the tribe’s complaint for a lack of standing. The lower court had... read more
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki