Appeals Court gives Hopi Tribe another chance in fight against treated wastewater at Snowbowl
An Arizona Appeals Court decision has given the Hopi Tribe another chance in its fight against the use of treated wastewater to make snow at the Arizona Snowbowl ski resort near Flagstaff.
The tribe claims Flagstaff’s decision to sell the wastewater to Snowbowl for artificial snowmaking causes a public nuisance, harming the environment and interfering with the tribe's cultural and religious practices.
A panel of three appellate-court judges on Thursday disagreed with the Coconino County Superior Court’s 2016 ruling to dismiss the tribe’s complaint for a lack of standing. The lower court had... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'