APS, First Solar plan large West Valley solar power plant with giant battery
CLOSE The World Economic Forum estimates solar and wind are now the same price or cheaper than fossil fuels in more than 30 countries. Video provided by Newsy
Tempe-based First Solar Inc. will build a large solar plant in the West Valley that will use a massive battery to deliver power to Arizona Public Service Co., the companies said Monday.
The project will be unique not only for the size of the battery being put to use, but for the way the plant is operated, officials said. APS recently has placed other batteries on the grid, but they are much smaller than what will come with the solar... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 17:55 Giuliani: Briefing may prompt calls to end Russia probe
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct