APS, First Solar plan large West Valley solar power plant with giant battery
CLOSE The World Economic Forum estimates solar and wind are now the same price or cheaper than fossil fuels in more than 30 countries. Video provided by Newsy
Tempe-based First Solar Inc. will build a large solar plant in the West Valley that will use a massive battery to deliver power to Arizona Public Service Co., the companies said Monday.
The project will be unique not only for the size of the battery being put to use, but for the way the plant is operated, officials said. APS recently has placed other batteries on the grid, but they are much smaller than what will come with the solar... read more
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...