APS, First Solar plan large West Valley solar power plant with giant battery
CLOSE The World Economic Forum estimates solar and wind are now the same price or cheaper than fossil fuels in more than 30 countries. Video provided by Newsy
Tempe-based First Solar Inc. will build a large solar plant in the West Valley that will use a massive battery to deliver power to Arizona Public Service Co., the companies said Monday.
The project will be unique not only for the size of the battery being put to use, but for the way the plant is operated, officials said. APS recently has placed other batteries on the grid, but they are much smaller than what will come with the solar... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...