APS rate hike shocks customers; loophole could allow rate rehearings
CLOSE Columnist Jennifer Jolly offers tips on cutting down your electric bill.
Arizona Public Service Co. customers are reporting much higher bills than expected after the state’s utility regulators allowed the company to raise rates in mid-August.
APS had projected that the average residential bill would increase approximately $6 a month, or 4.5 percent. But some customers are saying their bills increased significantly more than $6.
“This is literally taking food directly out of my mouth,” Phoenix customer Ron Geddling wrote to the regulators after getting his first new bill. “This is... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House