Architect: Solar-Wind powered border wall would 'pay for itself'
WASHINGTON – With Mexico apparently unwilling to pay for President Donald Trump's proposed border wall, and Congress always hard up for cash, a New York architect has come forward with a concept that is meant to pay for itself.
His plan: A 1,000 mile long border wall equipped with solar panels and wind turbines that will generate more than $1.2 billion per year in electricity. With an estimated $25 billion cost, the wall – pitched as "the largest green project of its kind in the world" – would be paid for in 25 years.
The solar and wind powered wall is the brainchild of Vijay... read more
- 18:39 Mylar balloons in power lines trigger outages in Gilbert
- 18:37 Coaches, players, writers reflect on impact coach Jesse Parker left
- 18:37 D-Backs Game Day: No J.D. Martinez or Paul Goldschmidt in lineup vs...
- 17:30 Democrats herald agreement on sweeping Russia sanctions bill
- 17:05 Cardinals Training Day: Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald won't play...
- 17:00 N.Y. pays $10,440 to restore FDR's Packard
- 16:47 Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets
- 16:08 Funeral services for Payson-area flash-flood victims begin Monday
- 15:58 Chip Ganassi would love Kyle Larson to run the 500, Larson has some...
- 13:43 Protesting a coffee house over gentrification fears is silly — and...