Argentina lawmakers propose legalizing elective abortion
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — More than 70 Argentine lawmakers of several political parties have presented a bill to legalize elective abortion in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy.
Some of lawmakers wore green handkerchiefs symbolizing the abortion rights movement as the measure was introduced on Tuesday.
Abortion is only allowed in Argentina in cases of rape and risks to a woman's health.
Legislative efforts to allow elective abortions have failed in the past, but the new measure appears to have wider backing.
Argentina's conservative President Mauricio Macri recently said that even though... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...