Argentina lawmakers propose legalizing elective abortion
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — More than 70 Argentine lawmakers of several political parties have presented a bill to legalize elective abortion in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy.
Some of lawmakers wore green handkerchiefs symbolizing the abortion rights movement as the measure was introduced on Tuesday.
Abortion is only allowed in Argentina in cases of rape and risks to a woman's health.
Legislative efforts to allow elective abortions have failed in the past, but the new measure appears to have wider backing.
Argentina's conservative President Mauricio Macri recently said that even though... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler