Arizona Appeals Court reverses $375K award in Surprise harassment case
The Arizona Court of Appeals reversed a jury's decision to award $375,000 to a former Surprise police detective who quit after department leaders failed to address her complaints of harassment.
The appellate-court decision came down to a technicality, saying the case involved sexual harassment, not more general workplace harassment, and should've gone through different channels.
Alicia Peterson, a decorated Marine who worked for the Surprise Police Department from 2005 to 2010, sued the department in 2011 when the harassment she endured, which included cyberbullying and threats of physical... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House