Arizona Cardinals release safety Tyrann Mathieu
The Cardinals have released safety Tyrann Mathieu.
The two sides had been negotiating a restructured contract, and a source on Tuesday indicated both sides were optimistic a deal could be reached.
That apparently didn't happen and Mathieu is now free to sign with another team.
Mathieu was due to have $18.75 million of his contract guaranteed if he was on the roster at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, the start of the NFL season.
By releasing Mathieu, the Cardinals could free $4.8 million of cap space immediately. If they designate Mathieu as a post-June1 release, they gain no cap space immediately, but... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...