Arizona Cardinals release safety Tyrann Mathieu
The Cardinals have released safety Tyrann Mathieu.
The two sides had been negotiating a restructured contract, and a source on Tuesday indicated both sides were optimistic a deal could be reached.
That apparently didn't happen and Mathieu is now free to sign with another team.
Mathieu was due to have $18.75 million of his contract guaranteed if he was on the roster at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, the start of the NFL season.
By releasing Mathieu, the Cardinals could free $4.8 million of cap space immediately. If they designate Mathieu as a post-June1 release, they gain no cap space immediately, but... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...