Arizona could face fines over failures in prison health care
CLOSE The Republic's politics team talks the House's vote to expel Rep. Don Shooter over sex harassment, Rep. Paul Gosar fueds with Democrats over his State of the Union remarks and Gov. Doug Ducey wants more auditors on Feb. 6, 2018. Carly Henry/azcentral
Arizona could face up to $650,000 in fines for failing to improve health care for prison inmates.
Lawyers for the state filed court papers Feb. 5 listing more than 650 instances during December in which it was unable to comply with terms of a lawsuit settled more than three years ago.
A judge warned the state last October it could be... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...