Arizona Coyotes coach Rick Tocchet granted leave of absence due to family illness
Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced that coach Rick Tocchet is leaving the team temporarily to deal with a family illness, according to a team news release.
Assistant coach John MacLean will assume the Coyotes' head coaching responsibilities until Tocchet returns.
"Family comes first," Chayka said in the release. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Toc as he deals with this personal matter. It's important that he takes the time to be there with his family."
The Coyotes, winners in nine of their past 13 games, are among the... read more
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap
- 11:11 NFL draft QB rankings: Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker...
- 08:39 Pella's Kirk Korver, brother of Cleveland Cavaliers' Kyle Korver,...