Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral, miss Monday's game
Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet traveled to Toronto on Sunday to attend his mother's funeral and will not be behind the bench for Monday's game against the Calgary Flames, the team announced Sunday.
Tocchet had taken a leave of absence on Monday to spend time with his family and his mother, Norma, who died on Wednesday at the age of 93 due to complications from brain cancer.
The first-year coach returned to the Valley on Thursday and was behind the bench for the Coyotes' last two games on Thursday and Saturday.
“I'm a routine guy,” Tocchet said before Thursday's game. “That's the way my mom... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...