Arizona Coyotes' Mike Smith injured in loss to Ottawa Senators
KANATA, Ont. – The Coyotes opened their season-long, six-game road trip by falling 7-4 to the Senators at Canadian Tire Centre, but that wasn't their only loss of the night.
Goalie Mike Smith left the game in the third period with an apparent left leg injury.
Smith was reaching for the puck as it bounced behind him and seemed to get his left leg tangled underneath his body. He was evaluated on the ice before getting helped off.
Backup Louis Domingue took over with the Coyotes trailing only 3-2, but the Senators pounced with two quick goals.
The first came only 12 seconds after Domingue... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler