Arizona Coyotes' Mike Smith injured in loss to Ottawa Senators
KANATA, Ont. – The Coyotes opened their season-long, six-game road trip by falling 7-4 to the Senators at Canadian Tire Centre, but that wasn't their only loss of the night.
Goalie Mike Smith left the game in the third period with an apparent left leg injury.
Smith was reaching for the puck as it bounced behind him and seemed to get his left leg tangled underneath his body. He was evaluated on the ice before getting helped off.
Backup Louis Domingue took over with the Coyotes trailing only 3-2, but the Senators pounced with two quick goals.
The first came only 12 seconds after Domingue... read more
- 06:50 Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he assaulted me
- 02:05 Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo on Steven Souza Jr. injury:...
- 01:41 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 00:53 Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- 00:22 White House issues threat over leaked Trump briefing papers
- 22:39 Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke’s latest tune-up goes...
- 21:29 Austin residents relieved, but still searching for answers
- 21:17 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 20:14 Phoenix Suns' Alex Len sees his time in Valley 'probably' coming to...
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...