Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
Alex Gologoski scored perhaps the weirdest goal of the season after the puck got stuck in Carolina goalie Cam Ward's skate.
Ward skated behind the net to play the puck midway through the first period Thursday night and didn't notice the puck had lodged in his right skate.
The play was not whistled dead and, after Ward returned to the net, his skate crossed the goal line . After a brief video review, the officials awarded a goal to the Coyotes.
Gologoski was credited with the goal, his 10th of the season, and Brad Richardson was given the assist at 8:27 of the first to cut Carolina's lead to... read more
- 20:49 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila is off to a rough start at the plate
- 18:32 ASU football podcast: Reviewing the first spring under coach Herm...
- 18:28 No. 8 ASU softball hosts No. 13 Arizona looking to solidify NCAA...
- 18:20 2004 fraud case causes sparks in GOP party leader's race
- 17:50 Texasâ ârevenge pornâ law struck down by state appeals court
- 17:42 Rudy Giuliani to join Trump legal team in Russia probe
- 16:25 Arizona high school basketball, volleyball player Brandon Kwan, who...
- 15:45 NFL schedule rumors: Arizona Cardinals at Green Bay Packers in...
- 15:41 'Dance Moms' star Miller has cancer, underwent spine surgery
- 15:06 Poll: Most Texas voters oppose border wall