Arizona Diamondbacks announce 2-year deal for catcher Alex Avila
CLOSE azcentral sports' Dan Bickley and former Diamondbacks outfielder Luis Gonzalez catch up in a special edition of our Shot Clock video.
The Diamondbacks announced a two-year, $8.25 million deal for free-agent catcher Alex Avila on Wednesday, a signing that gives them a replacement for Chris Iannetta, who signed with the Colorado Rockies for similar terms in December.
Avila, 31, is coming off a strong offensive season last year, when he hit .264/.387/.447 (batting average, on-base percentage, slugging average) for the Detroit Tigers and Chicago Cubs, who acquired him at the trade... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...