Arizona Diamondbacks announce 2-year deal for catcher Alex Avila
CLOSE azcentral sports' Dan Bickley and former Diamondbacks outfielder Luis Gonzalez catch up in a special edition of our Shot Clock video.
The Diamondbacks announced a two-year, $8.25 million deal for free-agent catcher Alex Avila on Wednesday, a signing that gives them a replacement for Chris Iannetta, who signed with the Colorado Rockies for similar terms in December.
Avila, 31, is coming off a strong offensive season last year, when he hit .264/.387/.447 (batting average, on-base percentage, slugging average) for the Detroit Tigers and Chicago Cubs, who acquired him at the trade... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...