Arizona Diamondbacks Chapter 3: 'Organizational advocacy' in 2008-12
Following the team's postseason run in 2007, the Diamondbacks made a handful of moves with the biggest being the seven-player blockbuster trade that brought them starting right-handed pitcher Dan Haren from Oakland in exchange for pitchers Brett Anderson, Dana Eveland and Greg Smith, outfielders Carlos Gonzalez and Aaron Cunningham and infielder Chris Carter.
Haren eventually signed a four-year, $44.75 million deal with the club that included a guaranteed $41.25 million through 2012 with a $15.5 million club option for 2013.
Melvin, who won Manager of the Year honors the previous season,... read more
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant
- 14:25 Louisville offers 7 Saguaro football players scholarships on same day
- 14:17 AP Interview: Iran says if US exits deal, it likely will too