Arizona Diamondbacks Chapter 4: Wild ride to success in 2013-17
When Kevin Towers took over as general manager prior to the 2011 season, his moves were laser focused, aimed first at improving the bullpen and the bench, then at plugging holes as they developed over the course of the next two years.
The offseason after 2012 was different. Towers went to work reshaping the roster in more drastic ways, looking to mold the club more around his vision -- and that of manager Kirk Gibson.
The offseason began with the trade of center fielder Chris Young to the Oakland Athletics. Two months later, Towers acquired shortstop Didi Gregorius in a three-team deal for... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold