Arizona Diamondbacks Chapter Two: Purple Haze 2003-2007
When the first pitch is thrown on Thursday night, the Diamondbacks will have begun their third decade of major-league games. We offer up four chapters dividing those two decades. This is Chapter Two.
Though they failed to make the playoffs in 2003, the Diamondbacks were fortunate to stay in the wild-card race into September. That they did it without the help of Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling made it that much more impressive.
Both aces struggled through injuries and landed on the disabled list for extensive stays. Neither posted a winning record or reached 10 wins as Schilling, who... read more
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 19:10 UT ready to sell 300 acres of Houston land
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...