Arizona Diamondbacks Chapter Two: Purple Haze 2003-2007
When the first pitch is thrown on Thursday night, the Diamondbacks will have begun their third decade of major-league games. We offer up four chapters dividing those two decades. This is Chapter Two.
Though they failed to make the playoffs in 2003, the Diamondbacks were fortunate to stay in the wild-card race into September. That they did it without the help of Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling made it that much more impressive.
Both aces struggled through injuries and landed on the disabled list for extensive stays. Neither posted a winning record or reached 10 wins as Schilling, who... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House