Arizona Diamondbacks' lineup looks thin with Steven Souza injured
The last time the Diamondbacks played a game that mattered, J.D. Martinez was hitting cleanup. He is gone, having departed as a free agent. His replacement, Steven Souza Jr., is gone, as well, placed on the disabled list to open the year.
Manager Torey Lovullo said Tuesday he did not know how his Opening Day lineup would look on Thursday night against the Colorado Rockies. But this much seems likely: It will look a little thin. And it might look even thinner in the coming games.
In choosing to send slugger Yasmany Tomas to Triple-A Reno, the Diamondbacks are going with a combination of... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein