Arizona Diamondbacks' Matt Koch pitches against the grain in a strikeout-dominated world
Wednesday was not a good day for Diamondbacks right-hander Matt Koch, who allowed eight runs in a loss to the Milwaukee Brewers as the club dropped six of seven games on its homestand.
But prior to his latest start, Koch carried a 2.43 ERA in his previous six appearences (five starts) this season. In a baseball landscape that has prioritized strikeouts more than ever, Koch got by without striking out more than four in any one game.
So, was Wednesday's outing a harbinger - or rather an example of the risk that comes with a pitcher like Koch?
Koch is an old-fashioned hurler by today's... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump