Arizona Diamondbacks name Brad Boxberger, not Archie Bradley, as closer for 2018
The Arizona Diamondbacks have named Brad Boxberger as their closer for the 2018 season, manager Torey Lovullo announced on Tuesday.
Lovullo also said that the team is keeping reliever Archie Bradley in the same role as last year.
Yoshihisa Hirano was also a candidate for the job.
The three relievers in the hunt each threw a hitless, scoreless inning and combined for four strikeouts against the Indians in Monday's game at Chase Field. Lovullo said the three “looked very impressive.”
RELATED: More on D-Backs' closer role
On Monday, Lovullo discussed Bradley's chances to land the closer's... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely