Arizona Diamondbacks’ Nick Ahmed playing it safe, adds wrist protection and face guard
After suffering a pair of fractures to his right hand that brought an early end to his season last year, the Diamondbacks' Nick Ahmed is wearing padded wrist guards during his at-bats this spring. He also has begun to wear a face guard that connects to his batting helmet.
Ahmed says the extra precautions stem from the fact that injuries are doubly bad in that they're harmful to both the player and the team.
“We all do the other stuff - the hydration, the nutrition, the training,” Ahmed said. “You might as well do some stuff for injuries that are preventable to a certain degree. There are... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...