Arizona Diamondbacks’ Nick Ahmed playing it safe, adds wrist protection and face guard
After suffering a pair of fractures to his right hand that brought an early end to his season last year, the Diamondbacks' Nick Ahmed is wearing padded wrist guards during his at-bats this spring. He also has begun to wear a face guard that connects to his batting helmet.
Ahmed says the extra precautions stem from the fact that injuries are doubly bad in that they're harmful to both the player and the team.
“We all do the other stuff - the hydration, the nutrition, the training,” Ahmed said. “You might as well do some stuff for injuries that are preventable to a certain degree. There are... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...