Arizona Diamondbacks walking through MLB's new mound-visits rule
Diamondbacks catcher Jeff Mathis had only a few extra minutes to spare when he was asked the other day about Major League Baseball's new pace of play rules this season, specifically the limitation of only six visits to the mound per nine innings by a catcher or anyone else when it doesn't involve making a pitching change.
Mathis had to apologize.
“I'm sorry,” he said, “because I could literally talk about this all day.”
He said enough in a short amount of time to make it clear that, like every other team in baseball this season, the Diamondbacks are surely going to have their hands full... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler