Arizona Diamondbacks walking through MLB's new mound-visits rule
Diamondbacks catcher Jeff Mathis had only a few extra minutes to spare when he was asked the other day about Major League Baseball's new pace of play rules this season, specifically the limitation of only six visits to the mound per nine innings by a catcher or anyone else when it doesn't involve making a pitching change.
Mathis had to apologize.
“I'm sorry,” he said, “because I could literally talk about this all day.”
He said enough in a short amount of time to make it clear that, like every other team in baseball this season, the Diamondbacks are surely going to have their hands full... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions