Arizona gets best-ever ranking in national survey of prosperity, but still below average
Arizona made progress over the past year and achieved its best overall ranking in an annual national study of household financial wellness conducted by the progressive Prosperity Now organization.
But economic improvement at the national level isn't broadly shared by lower-income Arizonans, and the report puts the state among the bottom third nationally, at 36th among the states.
Among the good news: Arizona's unemployment rate is at an 11-year low, the poverty rate has decreased slightly and the housing market is solid, with some of the nation's lowest rates of foreclosures and delinquent... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...