Arizona gets best-ever ranking in national survey of prosperity, but still below average
Arizona made progress over the past year and achieved its best overall ranking in an annual national study of household financial wellness conducted by the progressive Prosperity Now organization.
But economic improvement at the national level isn't broadly shared by lower-income Arizonans, and the report puts the state among the bottom third nationally, at 36th among the states.
Among the good news: Arizona's unemployment rate is at an 11-year low, the poverty rate has decreased slightly and the housing market is solid, with some of the nation's lowest rates of foreclosures and delinquent... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...