Arizona health officials: Flu numbers rival pandemic of 2009-10
The number of confirmed flu cases in Arizona this season rivals the total seen during the H1N1 flu pandemic of 2009-10, with 19,279 cases of influenza reported this season as of last Saturday, state officials said.
The number of reported cases is a sharp increase from the 2,175 total cases confirmed in the state last season. The annual flu season begins Oct. 1, according to the Arizona Department of Health Services.
The "season" continues through the following September, but state data shows cases drop off significantly by May and remain low through summer.
This year's flu season... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve