Arizona home to more than just the Sonoran Desert
Our connection to the Sonoran Desert runs as fast and deep as the Colorado River and the Sea of Cortez.
We know it well. From our iconic saguaros and blustery monsoons to spring wildflowers and one-of-a-kind wildlife, the Sonoran is synonymous with Arizona and vice versa. We love everything about it. Yes, even the blistering heat.
So would you be surprised to know that Arizona is actually home to three, possibly four, deserts?
Now wait a minute, is this a trick question? We thought there was only one desert, the same one we share with our brethren south of the border in Mexico.
Sounds... read more
- 18:51 Glendale police: Man in 2 sexual assaults posed as police officer
- 18:40 Young Republicans: Moore victory 'will not be a win for our party'
- 18:33 Gila County official charged in Minnesota with child abuse shortly...
- 18:12 Scooter Molander steps down as Brophy Prep football coach
- 18:09 Arizona Cardinals release running back Andre Ellington
- 18:03 Republic of Texas map back in official hands, after 173 years
- 17:19 So close: St. Mary's Food Bank just 1,500 turkeys away from...
- 17:18 Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 17:04 Arizona high school girls basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 16:54 Melania Trump takes custody of White House Christmas tree