Arizona home to more than just the Sonoran Desert
Our connection to the Sonoran Desert runs as fast and deep as the Colorado River and the Sea of Cortez.
We know it well. From our iconic saguaros and blustery monsoons to spring wildflowers and one-of-a-kind wildlife, the Sonoran is synonymous with Arizona and vice versa. We love everything about it. Yes, even the blistering heat.
So would you be surprised to know that Arizona is actually home to three, possibly four, deserts?
Now wait a minute, is this a trick question? We thought there was only one desert, the same one we share with our brethren south of the border in Mexico.
Sounds... read more
- 18:25 Science fiction writer Ursula K. Le Guin has died
- 18:24 Unlicensed Arizona contractor going to prison for remodeling scam
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor
- 16:51 Chilean 'anti-poet' Nicanor Parra dies at 103