Arizona home to more than just the Sonoran Desert
Our connection to the Sonoran Desert runs as fast and deep as the Colorado River and the Sea of Cortez.
We know it well. From our iconic saguaros and blustery monsoons to spring wildflowers and one-of-a-kind wildlife, the Sonoran is synonymous with Arizona and vice versa. We love everything about it. Yes, even the blistering heat.
So would you be surprised to know that Arizona is actually home to three, possibly four, deserts?
Now wait a minute, is this a trick question? We thought there was only one desert, the same one we share with our brethren south of the border in Mexico.
Sounds... read more
- 16:20 White House names Erin Nealy Cox as top federal prosecutor in Dallas
- 16:17 It's huntin' season for Cardinals linebacker Markus Golden and...
- 15:46 NL wild card race: Will Diamondbacks face Rockies, Brewers or...
- 15:27 State report: Arizona's Medicaid program would lose $10.4 billion...
- 15:06 Dr. William Butler, former president, historian of Baylor College...
- 15:04 Ezekiel Elliott drama surrounds Cowboys entering Monday Night...
- 14:51 ASU football vs. Oregon Ducks: Scouting report and prediction
- 13:46 Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- 13:31 Harris County could see budget cuts due to Hurricane Harvey's...
- 13:20 Rutgers football avoids major penalties, as NCAA issues ruling on...