Arizona MVD combines city, state tax payments on out-of-state vehicles
Arizonans register about 22,000 vehicles brought in from other states each year, and a new system is expected to simplify and speed the process for collecting taxes when they are registered.
The state's Motor Vehicle Division said it now can calculate and accept payment for both state and city taxes when a motorist registers a car or truck.
Before, motorists would pay Arizona tax when a vehicle was registered then would need to wait several weeks for a mailed statement from the Arizona Department of Revenue showing city taxes due.
The new process involves a partnership between the two state... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...