Arizona offers homeowners little protection from bad HOAs, managers
CLOSE Did you know homeowners associations in Arizona can foreclose on homes? This week, azcentral Rewind takes a look at Arizona's history with HOAs and why they have so much power.
Arizona’s nearly 9,000 homeowners associations go virtually unregulated even as they hold immense power over their residents.
While they're responsible for annoying but trivial matters such as dictating paint colors and enforcing landscaping requirements, these HOAs also manage large sums of money and can foreclose on homeowners.
Unlike other industries that operate within the confines of state or federal... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 17:31 Dominant NL West, 'Babe Ruth of Japan' highlight 2018 Cactus League
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died