Arizona offers homeowners little protection from bad HOAs, managers
CLOSE Did you know homeowners associations in Arizona can foreclose on homes? This week, azcentral Rewind takes a look at Arizona's history with HOAs and why they have so much power.
Arizona’s nearly 9,000 homeowners associations go virtually unregulated even as they hold immense power over their residents.
While they're responsible for annoying but trivial matters such as dictating paint colors and enforcing landscaping requirements, these HOAs also manage large sums of money and can foreclose on homeowners.
Unlike other industries that operate within the confines of state or federal... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...