Arizona primed to have a boom in franchise businesses -- here's why
Population and job growth, a modest cost of living and other factors could make Arizona a prime destination for franchise expansion over the next few years.
Roughly one in 20 Americans works for a franchise, with franchise employment nationally at 8.2 million, so industry trends do matter to a lot of people.
More than half of franchising jobs are in restaurants and other minimum-wage businesses, but franchising also includes higher-paying jobs in real estate, business-services, automotive and other areas.
A new industry study sees steady overall growth for franchise businesses — from... read more
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans
- 08:33 Trump mad at law enforcement, lawmakers over Iran payment