Arizona Wildcats' Rawle Alkins out 8-12 weeks with broken foot
Arizona confirmed late Wednesday afternoon that starting wing Rawle Alkins will be out an estimated 8-12 weeks after breaking his foot during "voluntary activities" with teammates on Tuesday.
The timing suggests Alkins could be healthy enough to return in December or at the latest before Pac-12 play begins.
Alkins was Arizona's third-leading scorer (10.9) and third-leading rebounder (4.9) last season. He entered the NBA Draft pool and participated in the NBA's predraft combine but opted to return for his sophomore season.
BICKLEY: Tucson bracing for its darkest moment after NCAA... read more
- 03:38 Overconfident? Dem optimism surges as midterms approach
- 03:38 Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- 02:55 Trump promises to rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 02:55 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 02:13 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 22:55 Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke take plenty of shots in first debate
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings