Arizona Wildcats' Rawle Alkins out 8-12 weeks with broken foot
Arizona confirmed late Wednesday afternoon that starting wing Rawle Alkins will be out an estimated 8-12 weeks after breaking his foot during "voluntary activities" with teammates on Tuesday.
The timing suggests Alkins could be healthy enough to return in December or at the latest before Pac-12 play begins.
Alkins was Arizona's third-leading scorer (10.9) and third-leading rebounder (4.9) last season. He entered the NBA Draft pool and participated in the NBA's predraft combine but opted to return for his sophomore season.
BICKLEY: Tucson bracing for its darkest moment after NCAA... read more
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...