Arizonans may pay higher court fees with new bill to fund pensions for judges, politicians
CLOSE Arizona's public-safety pension system faces financial peril because of poor investments and generous retirement benefits. (Wochit)
It may cost Arizonans more to use the state's court system, after a House panel Monday voted to increase judicial fees to prop up the severely underfunded pension fund for politicians and judges.
HB 2564 raises 55 Superior Court and 15 justice base court fees, while slightly cutting the distribution formulas for domestic-violence services, child-abuse prevention and county general services.
If the legislation becomes law, it will cost a bit more to file... read more
- 00:53 US intelligence chief is tough on Russia, at odds with Trump
- 00:53 Amid harsh criticism, Trump tries a tougher tone on Russia
- 00:53 Kentucky's Paul shares Trump's skepticism of US intervention
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'