Around the Bronx: Folks in the Bronx are rooting for native son Kevin Ware to recover from horrific leg injury
If Kevin Ware had gone on with the Louisville Cardinals and they won the NCAA Championship, the Bronx could not have been any prouder than it is now of this kid from the Melrose Houses.
Ware has become an inspiration around the world, to anyone with a television or computer who watched his leg twist grotesquely, their heart sinking as he fell to the court with teammates sobbing around him.
From Alberta, Canada to the Phillippines, the rail-thin 20-year-old has wowed and uplifted people.
He’s a product of good upbringing in a drug- and gun-plagued neighborhood, a testament to hard work and... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida